The Best Cigar Product Reviews and Recommendations
Welcome to Stogie Gear!
We welcome you to our website and encourage you to contact us with any questions or requests for cigar product reviews.
Stogie Definition: So What is a Stogie Anyways?
By definition, a stogie is a long cylindrical cigar that is inexpensive. By today’s standards, if someone asks you if you want to go smoke a stogie, that means that they want to have a cigar with you. That doesn’t mean that a “stogie” has to be an inexpensive cigar either. Many experienced cigar smokers refer to any cigar as a “stogie”.
Bascially, the word, “stogie” is slang for “cigar” in modern-day terms.
The term stogie or sometimes spelled “stogy” is derived from the town name of Conestoga, Pennsylvania which is located in Lancaster County. It is said that in the late eighteenth century, Conestoga wagon drivers would roll out very long, thin cigars that would burn slowly and last them for a long time on their supply runs and deliveries.
So imagine this huge covered wagon being pulled by oxen and the guy driving it smoking a super-long cigar or “stogie”.
So hopefully that helps you understand what a stogie is and where the word “stogie” came from.
Our Favorite Cigar Products
ALASKA BEAR® - Cigar Cutter Stainless Steel Guillotine Double Cut Blade in Black Gift Pouch
- Brushed stainless steel, custom design by Alaska Bear brands.
- Excellent craftsmanship and solid construction.
- Self-sharpening double blades and cuts cigars clean and with precision.
- Hole diameter: 0.892 in. (22.66 mm), for all sizes up to 60 gauge.
- Comes in a cool gift bag, to keep and protect the cutters.
Alaska Bear® Enhance your Life Description: Get the most out of your cigar! Featuring double-guillotine blades and handles that properly position your hands for a smooth and clean cut of your favorite cigar.
Roaring '20s Costume Party Fake Puff Cigar, Brown, Cardboard, 4 1/2", 1-Piece
1 used from $ 2.78
- This faux cigar looks realistic and is make of cardboard with a brown "wrapper" and a tip that looks like real ashes.
- Measures 4 1/2" long
- Material made of cardboard and paper
- Best paired with our 1920s costume
Be a smoking' gangster—literally— with our 20s Cigar! Carry this 20s cigar with you to fool your friends into thinking you are smoking, or use it as an accessory for a wide variety of costumes, such as a mobster or 20s gentlemen.
Cuba Variety By Cuba For Men. Set-4 Piece Variety spray With Cuba Gold, Blue, Red & Orange & All Are EDT spray 1.17 Ounces
- These are not real cigars
- Packaging for this product may vary from that shown in the image above
- Variety Cologne with cuba gold, blue, red & orange
Cuba by Cuba for Men - 4 PC Gift Set 1.17oz cuba gold,1.17oz cuba blue, 1.17oz cuba red, 1.17oz cuba orange